Current Job Opening:
Midwestern Millwright is looking for an experienced welder and fabricator needed for fast paced shop. Must have experience welding aluminum and have the ability to make custom tool and mounting brackets. Must have experience using sher, brake, plasma, and other common machinery.
- MIG/TIG and stick welding
-Experienced in blue print reading
- Creativity, and good communication skills
- Someone who can work in a team environment but also works independently and has great trouble shooting ability.
Midwestern Millwright is seeking a motivated individual with leadership, management and organizational skills to run our welding/machine shop.
-Working Foreman-Position involves hands on participation in production process that includes welding of structural steel shapes, heavy plate, angle and channel. Both mild steel and stainless steel are used.
-Supervise Performance- Monitor all welders/fabricators and their work to ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, project requirements and deliveries.
-Ensure Safe Working Practices- Responsible for shop safety, compliance with safety rules, PPE and safe working procedures.
-Coordinate Activities, Schedule shop production, Manage Materials and components, Manage organize shop.
-Training- Train new employee on welding/ fabrication procedures.
-Skills- Steel fabrication and layout, welding, organizational, leadership, computer, and problem solving.
Installs machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings in industrial establishment, using hoists, lift trucks, handtools, and power tools: Reads blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Dismantles machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other handtools.
- Moves machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Assembles machines, and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures, using handtools and powertools.
- May perform installation and maintenance work as peart of a team of skilled trades workers.
Designs, fabricates, joins, and repairs equipment, fixtures, and structures by using various welding techniques. Welders are called upon to lift and carry heavy objects, and work under conditions of restricted movement, a dirty environment, air contamination, intense noise, and hazardous materials.
- Can weld various types of metal objects and structures using oxygen- acetylene, electric arc, MIG and TIG welding techniques.
- Operates drill presses, power saws, grinders, metal lathes, and a variety of welding equipment and hand tools.
- Analyzes plans, drawings, work samples, specifications, and work orders to determine work requirements and sequence of welding assignments.
- Estimates material and labor.
- Recommends supplies and materials to be ordered
Copyright © 2013 Mid-Western Millwright, Inc. All rights reserved.